Wednesday 20 November 2013

Banana Blueberry Bread

I felt like doing some baking, and I had bananas that were very ripe and needed to be used, so I found an easy low-fat recipe on an app, and adjusted it a bit, to make this delicious low-fat Banana Blueberry Bread!
The recipe is really easy, and it smells heavenly while cooking; my housemates kept asking me what I was making and saying how good it smelled (to remind me to share? I was planning to anyway!), and then that it was delicious when done.  Tastes amazing while still warm from the oven, and was also still moist and yummy the next day.

Would probably keep for longer, but it didn't last that long!

Enjoy :)




Banana Blueberry Bread

Ingredients

1/2 cup mashed overripe bananas
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
1 tbs light olive or vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup fresh blueberries
cinnamon and nutmeg

Steps

1 - Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2 - Combine the banana, sugar, milk, eggs and oil in a bowl.
3 - Sift over the flour and fold gently into the banana mixture until just combined. Add the blueberries and gently fold in as well.
4 - Pour mixture into a pan and sprinkle with a little caster sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg as desired.
5 - Bake in oven for one hour or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.


Voila!  I only waited a couple of minutes before digging in while it was still warm and gooey, delish!



No comments:

Post a Comment