Saturday 30 November 2013

Christmas is Coming!

Christmas is coming! This will be my second Northern Hemisphere Christmas.  I had one a few years ago with my friend Nicola's family, and it even snowed on Christmas Day! This year I will be spending Christmas Day and New Year's in Holland with my boyfriend and his family, so it will be fun to experience some different traditions.

Of course there are now many Christmas cards to be written and posted back to Australia, along with wrapping of presents and putting up a tree.  I didn't want to actually buy a tree when I might be moving again within a year and it would just be one more thing to pack, and I don't have many presents to put under one anyway, so I did this:


A colouring-in page from a bunch I had printed for work, I had fun colouring it in too! I also enjoyed writing lots of Christmas cards for my friends and family back home in Australia, I loved these designs in black and white with the dogs and splashes of red:


I have also been out and about in London a bit, doing Christmas shopping with my friend Amy at Harrods, and wandering around the city in the evening taking photos of the pretty Christmas lights!




This lady was singing opera from a balcony overlooking the Egyptian Escalator (in Harrods)!



What do you get for the child who has everything? Oh yes, their own Mercedes.  Maybe if you're a Beckham.


But I'll take one of these life-sized huggable polar bears any day!


Oh and if you're a rich person with a dog or cat, you simply MUST get your beloved pet a beautiful bed like these:




The price for the white one is over a thousand pounds!! I hope one day I'm rich enough to spend that much on a pet bed.

The Harrods Christmas window displays are also pretty amazing, I especially love the one with the white peacock and all those birdcages.





Christmas street lights around Covent Garden, Carnaby Street and Oxford Circus:





All those robins!!



Getting very excited about Christmas!

If you'd like to check out more gorgeous and extravagant designer items, the Harrods website is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment